Cherry Blossoms around Brussels
Spring is here and you know what that means: cherry blossoms are in full bloom! If you are a fan of these pink beauties, you don’t have to travel far to enjoy them. Brussels has many spots where they will enchant you with its beauty and charm!
The cherry blossoms are only in bloom for a few weeks during spring. This period runs from the end of March to the end of April - beginning of May. Depending on the weather situation, this can change every year by one to two weeks.
Here are some of popular spots to take amazing photos:
- Avenue Emile Max: This avenue is a must-see for cherry blossom lovers. The cherry trees lean over some of the most gorgeous buildings in Schaerbeek, creating a stunning contrast. The street is also quiet and peaceful, perfect for a relaxing stroll.
- Park Leopold: This park is a green oasis near the European Parliament. It has a pond, a fountain, and a variety of plants and trees, including cherry trees that burst into bloom in spring. You can sit on a bench or have a picnic under the shade of the cherry blossoms.
- Garden Cities Floréal: If you want to see something different and unique, head to the Garden Cities Floréal in Watermael Boitsfort. This is a working class neighbourhood that was built in the 1920s and 1930s with a garden city concept. The houses are colourful and have distinctive architectural features, such as round windows and balconies. The cherry trees add even more charm and beauty to this area.
- Parc Josaphat: This is another park that offers a spectacular view of cherry blossoms in Brussels. The park has a lane called Chemin du tir à l’arc, where you will feel like you are in a fairy tale. The cherry trees form a tunnel of pink flowers that will make you want to take photos at every step.
- Avenue Diamant: This avenue is also home to many beautiful Art Deco and Art Nouveau houses. The cherry trees add a touch of pink to the elegant architecture.
- Place des Bienfaiteurs – Avenue Rogier: This place is surrounded by art nouveau and eclectic style houses. The cherry trees create a lovely contrast with the buildings.
- Avenue des Cerisiers: This avenue in Woluwe-Saint-Lambert has rows and rows of cherry blossoms that create a stunning sight.
- Avenue Marie-José: This avenue in Woluwe-Saint-Lambert is also lined with cherry blossoms that complement the pretty houses.
- Rue Leekaerts: This street in Evere has a hidden gem: a cherry blossom tunnel that will enchant you with its beauty.
- Cemetery Woluwe Saint Lambert: This cemetery has some beautiful cherry blossoms that add some colour to the solemn atmosphere.
- Place Hermann Dumont: This place in Saint Gilles has some lovely cherry blossoms that brighten up the square.
- Avenue d’Italie: This avenue in Ixelles has some charming cherry blossoms that create a romantic mood.
- Avenue Louis Jasmin: This avenue in Schaerbeek has some splendid cherry blossoms that enhance the beauty of the street.
- Place du Roi Vainqueur: Beautiful square in Etterbeek
Seeing cherry blossoms in Brussels is an experience that you will never forget. It is a perfect way to celebrate spring and enjoy the natural beauty of the city. Don’t miss this opportunity to witness one of the most amazing sights in Belgium!
Leave a Reply ·